to our newsletter and be the first to know about the BEST TRAVEL DEALS!
As the News of the World came to an end we were able to refocus our attention on travel itself.
1. – California was in the spotlight this week and could not have asked for a better means of promoting California as a destination. Take note tourism boards worldwide, the best way to get yourself some publicity is simply to invite the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along for a few days to explore. Getting some of the success the royal visit had for Canada as a destination, Wills and Kate appeared to enjoy their time as Hollywood royalty.
2. – The summer officially arrived this week according to the low cost airlines. Ryanair announced it’s 9.99 euro seat sale and Easyjet announced 450,000 one-way airfares from £23.99. If ever there was a reason to celebrate the summer the no frills airlines have just handed it to you on a plate.
3. – This week we asked whether Single/Solo travel had less of a stigma these days. You can still log your opinion and vote in our twitter poll.
4. – Not that we Brits really need much persuasion. Amidst contradictory reports that Brits weren’t going to be travelling as much this summer, a report from the National Office of Statistics announces 5.14 million Brits took a trip in May this year, a number not seen since pre-recession 2008.
5. – Travel Talk on Twitter (#TTOT) this week was all about Capital Cities. Our pick of the top questions this week was from @christinahegele who asked “Which City that isn’t a Capital should receive capital status and why?” Well worth asking this question over a dinner with friends as it is a great one to start up a debate!
Beat the Brochure travel tip of the week:
This weeks travel tip of the week comes from Romi who commented on our blog post 10 Tips to become an Expert at Haggling. “Try going for 80-90% lower than the price they offer and remember to smile and be playful when you’re haggling”
Many thanks to Starpulse.com for the image.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Cheska is a resident blogger at Beat the Brochure who has spent many a good year backpacking round the world, as well as a stint living in Beijing. Cheska has visited 6 out of 7 continents and will, repeat will, visit the last one before turning 30. Cheska is an avid CSI fan, streetfood expert and cat lover who can often be found with chocolate on her desk.