to our newsletter and be the first to know about the BEST TRAVEL DEALS!
According to AA Travel Insurance around a quarter of Brits enjoy a holiday fling during their holiday, although some may suspect this to be higher than that! There is no reason why a holiday fling can’t compliment your trip nicely and once you have all the essentials to stay safe, you need to follow these essential tips for a holiday fling to remember fondly.
1. – It’s not love. Maybe 0.001% of holiday flings result in marriage so don’t think its going to be. It’s a fling, you won’t see them again and of the stories you hear about holiday romances, ask yourself how many end in divorce.
2. – It’s not a sperm bank. Hand’s down this is not an opportunity to find yourself a baby daddy.
3. – It is totally OK to channel that inner fantasy you have also wanted to be. So in your every day life you are not a dominatrix, who is ever going to know?
4. – Beware of the scams. A fling with a local can open up many doors to experience what a place is really like but don’t be fooled. It’s a fling, you are meant to spend your time flirting and discussing what you might do later not talking about money or lack of it.
5. – Avoid the rep. More hassle than it’s worth, you will be competing with just about every other person around and if you are prone to jealousy, this will ultimately ruin your holiday and your friends’ if you spend your time moaning about it.
6. – Leave experimenting to the end of your holiday. As a couple on holiday, the sun and cocktails may have resulted in a idea to experiment and try out things/people you would never normally do. Ideally do this at the end of your holiday, just in case, that way all you need to do is get on a plane home in silence rather than suffer an uncomfortable week in an all-inclusive resort.
7. – Be aware of local appropriateness. Imagine that phone-call to your parents/partner asking them to post your bail because you got caught in the act somewhere you shouldn’t have.
8. – It’s OK if you don’t speak the same language. It’s a fling, you’re not really in it for an intelligent discussion on current affairs.
9. – It’s OK to try something new on for size. Perhaps you have a certain type you usually go for but harbour secret thoughts about someone a bit different. A holiday fling is the perfect opportunity to try something/someone new.
So stay safe and remember these essential tips for a holiday fling to remember. Have you yourself had a holiday fling to remember? Whether good or bad we would love to hear a few stories!
Powered by Facebook Comments
Cheska is a resident blogger at Beat the Brochure who has spent many a good year backpacking round the world, as well as a stint living in Beijing. Cheska has visited 6 out of 7 continents and will, repeat will, visit the last one before turning 30. Cheska is an avid CSI fan, streetfood expert and cat lover who can often be found with chocolate on her desk.