to our newsletter and be the first to know about the BEST TRAVEL DEALS!
You have been blessed with wonderful children and want to enjoy their company during your summer holidays. There seems to be a never ending stream of people suggesting we ban kids from flights, hotels or restaurants and we have all been the recipients of a few sneers when our child has inadvertently offended the person next to us. However, aside from the good company kids can provide on holiday, here are 5 ways that actually having a child on holiday can be used to your advantage.
1. – More Legroom on the plane. Flying with an infant often means you have to reserve a bassinet and seats commonly known as bulkhead. In short, the seats at the front with more legroom.
2. - Eat and Drink for less. Where kids will often need to eat earlier than adults this is often around the time of happy hour so you can enjoy the same treats but for half the price.
3. – Jump the bathroom queues. If you needed to go so badly that you held on between your legs and whimpered at the queue you would be looked on with severe distaste. If your child does it and you are met with a fellow sympathetic parent you may find that you get to jump the queue.
4. – More space on the beach. You arrive at the beach and it is heaving. An annoying child will successfully edge your neighbouring sun-goers over slightly giving you and your family more room to enjoy the beach.
5. – Revenge. The people staying in the hotel room next to you arrived home in the early hours of the morning, perhaps one was a little ill or perhaps they had met and brought back ‘the love of their lives’. Either way, you didn’t get much sleep. Now, whilst they are trying to nurse that headache and sleep off that sick feeling, if you were to bang and crash loudly or sing songs at the top of your voice it would be deemed as petty. If a child does so, they are simply exploring their creativity.
If you have any stories about how your kids were a real advantage during your holidays or even just stories about how they made you laugh then why not let us know below.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Olly started off his travels many years ago as a free-spirited young man and is now well and truly settled in to family life in which he makes it his duty to enforce family holiday fun upon the rest of his tribe. His favourite song is 'Come on Ilene' and he can be found singing it in Los Cristianos most years.